Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Saturday 6 August 2011

Weekend Tablescape: Earthenware Naturals

Table | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
I've always found laying the table a relaxing activity. When I lived at home it soon became tradition that I would lay the table before dinner (hey, it got me outta the washing up!) and as I grew older - and discovered my interest for interiors - I began experimenting with tablescape designs. In the lead up to Christmas I would gather left over baubles and ribbons and for birthdays I would hunt for seasonal pieces, all of which I would use to compliment our existing tabletop pieces. With a change in seasons just weeks away, I thought I'd pull together inspiration for a trans-seasonal tablescape: the saturated, nautical blues of high summer have been swapped out for washed-out navy hues and fall-like, harvest-inspired textures replace silky linens - the perfect table for the final alfresco dinners of the year. What are your weekend plans, folks?

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the napkins very much. Have a great weeekend.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look, these are the kind of things you can find at a thrift store/charity shop, which I'm a bit fan of. Love Toast too. :)
    Do you have any great thrift stores where you live?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is Terrain, isn't it?! My fav place!! (and 10 minutes from me), I'm lucky. Bon samedi Will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great combo! Wish we could have a dinner party this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once made a birthday basket for my sister with napkins with some ribbon (dunno how number 6 is called in english) I had little tags on them with pictures of us together ;)
    This weekend err... I spent the morning at the Noordermarkt for food and antics and watched some of the Gay parade that was held in the canals today.. one big party downtown today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely!! Thanks for sharing!!

    xo, Maryam

    www.athomewithmaryam.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely! i am so into natural organic materials mixed with modern graphics!! agree with erin, a dinner party would have been fab! happy weekend will
    manvi @ mochatini

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love a tablescape too and those mason jar shakers are gorgeous!
    Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, folks! Yes, I love Terrain as well - such an inspiring and creative store.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Napkins and salad/dessert plates are my weakness. I have WAY too many of them but I find they are the easiest way to jazz up a table setting. This post has got me thinking that I really need to start planning for the holidays.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=https://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2011/08/weekend-tablescape-earthenware-naturals.html";