Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Colour Palette: Yellow & Pink Bathroom

Don't be deterred from strong hues when it comes to choosing colours for the bathroom; you can still create a relaxing space when combining colour opposites - just like the pink and yellow used in this bathroom. The key to using opposing colours and making it work in relaxing environment is to pick a softer shade of each colour. Using this bathroom as an example, we can see how depth is brought to the softness of the pale dusty pink walls through the addition of the yellow bathtub. By using a primrose yellow, as opposed to a brighter sunflower hue, the scheme is kept feeling refreshing and calm, but not bland or forgettable. Instead, the result is a space packed with personality, visual interest and gentle warmth.
// Catchpole & Rye

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I love how soft and delicate this usually hard and cold room looks in these colours. Very feminine, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I have not seen this color palette that I can remember-how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount of images I always save on my laptop from your blog is astounding. I'll probably need a new hardrive just for interior decor inspor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice and fab tip on mixing colors Mr! never thought of pink and yellow ... maybe color palette for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to be quite cautious with using colour around my home but I think the bathroom is fair game for bright colours and prints! Love the cute yellow bath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very soft and beautiful Will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the walls especially, so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't expect to like this colour pairing, but it is very, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I couldn't see the picture and could only read the words, I am not sure I would have liked it...but I do, it has a real sweet candy feel to it. Lovely. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very feminine and soft tones...love the primrose yellow.I love brighter colours though...would like to share it with everyone

    http://www.realreviews.in/home-products/home-decor/entry/eco-corner-a-totally-filmi-collection-of-coasters-bags-cushion-covers-and-more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this colour palette, light and calm, perfect for a bathroom.
    Ciao
    Aina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well matched colours with some nice white details and floor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. J'adore ces couleurs reposantes !!!! Très belle ambiance !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i want that bathroom. love pale pink and yellow. throw in a bit of grey and i'm in interior heaven. thanks Will. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty and soft color palette! The yellow bathtub is a total show stopper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=https://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2012/10/colour-palette-yellow-pink-bathroom.html";