Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Friday 10 June 2011

BOOK REVIEW: Modern Vintage Style by Emily Chalmers

Images are © Ryland, Peters & Small | Modern Vintage Style by Emily Chalmers | Book words by Ali Hanan | Photography by Debi Treloar
Modern Vintage Style is the beautiful new book by Emily Chalmers - interior stylist and owner of London-based boutique, Caravan. Emily's passion for vintage items is evident throughout the book, as is her unique and feminine style point, which is beautifully captured by photographer Debi Treloar. The book is split into two sections: Inspirations, where you'll find a host of examples of achieving a Modern Vintage Style with furniture, textiles, lighting and more. Followed by Style, which offers practical tips for translating the earlier inspirations into a liveable home. As such, Emily's relaxed approach to decoarating is easy to adpot. Real homes are shown throughout, my favourite being the aptly titled 'American French' space of Brooklyn based couple Dean Sawyer and Steve Drum, whose home effortlessly marries quirky vintage finds alongside modern pieces. If you buy the book, be sure to check out their kitchen on page 91, with it's country-meets-urban mix, it's a real treat. Have you read Modern Vintage Style? What inspired you about the book?

14 comments:

  1. what an awesome read you found... i think i love how they featured different combos of styles for everyone's taste... and wow, the "undone" style is totally up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks great! I'll keep my eyes open for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading your blog. Thanks for the fun post!

    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the niches for each different colored suitcases. That is so original and quirky, I absolutely love it!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just put this book on my Amazon wishlist - it does look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. every time I see it at Anthro or Amazon I want to buy it, now I know I must!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful and full of inspiration. Thank you for the preview! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE! another emily chalmers with great taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a must have book - thanks for the peek! Wonderful way to use and display vintage suitcases

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Emily Chalmers' style; i,ve got a couple of books by her and Debi Treloar and this is my favourite!
    Love this blog too btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're right. That black bedroom is amazing! I'd love to see this effect i person, though, before I took the plunge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=https://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-review-modern-vintage-style-by.html";