Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Friday 30 November 2012

Announcing: Mr. Bazaar & The Simple Things Magazine

Have you heard of The Simple Things magazine? It's a relatively new title that has launched in multiple countries across the World and Mr. Bazaar was lucky enough to secure a contributing role! This was a big step for me in my career, so I'm very grateful to the editors for believing in my work and trusting me to curate their shopping pages. I think many of you will agree that taking on a new project is always nerve-wracking - I sure do! All I could do was throw myself into the features and work my little socks off. I did just that and, well, I'm not only proud of the results but also to be working with the team from an early phase in the magazine's history. I realised the other day that the current Holiday issue of Sweet Paul magazine is my third, which means I've been working with Paul and his team for three years - time flies! I find it so rewarding to see how far the magazine has come and I know that The Simple Things is also destined for huge things; there's such a buzz about the title here in the UK. If you are in the States you can pick up a copy in Barnes & Noble; here's a list of places you can find the magazine worldwide.

Each issue is split into three sections - Dawn, Day and Dusk - which take you through simple ideas to make the most out of your day. The magazine is all about enjoying the smaller things; the things that matter most in life. It's about slowing down, making the most of where you live and enjoying the company of friends and family. So, yesterday, I thought about this notion and curated a small collection of simple little things that are making me happy right now. I'd love to know: what simple things in life are making you happy right now?
// Photography & styling by Will Taylor

33 comments:

  1. Awww, what a perfect match! You know I'm a huge fan of the magazine and have sent it out to far away countries for people to enjoy when it first launched.

    Igor got the very first issue from me when he was in London!

    As a subscriber I saw your pages when it arrived a few days ago. Definitely their best issue yet.

    Well done you. #proudfriend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too!

    I've never heard about the magazine, but thanks to you I''m discovering it now.

    Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post...and I love simple. A simple cup of coffee to warm you on a cold winter morning, a simple muslin bag of fresh lavender to tuck in your pillow to sleep like a baby....a simple "hello" to let someone know you have noticed them...a smile....I love simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Will & so well-deserved...I love , love Sweet Paul and now an additional mag under ur belt, amazing! Who knows, there may be a Bright Bazaar mag down the road [or u're probably working on that already :)]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a HUGE fan of this new publication! Congrats on such a great collaboration. Can't wait to read / see what you both have to share in the future. I will be reading!
    XO,
    Carrie
    My Blog: lifestylefiles blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fantastic news and so well deserved! Your spreads always look so well thought out and put together I can never resist opening your posts for a read and some inspiration. Best of luck with it all Will x

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your new role with the simple things magazine, it sounds like you have a lot of new exciting adventures on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Solid, Dubs! Way to go! My simple thing is chocolate. Just loads of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! It sounds like you'd be a perfect match for Simple Things. I'm off to find a copy in Melbourne - I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO RAD!!! Congrats, Will! Lovely picks for the magazine and from your own home. The magazine title is brilliant too because it really is all about the simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Will, congratulations!! For me, I'm loving early morning swims before work. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!! Well done! It looks lovely. Love your styling. hx

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic, will! congrats! such great work!

    as for the simple things i'm enjoying -- weekly fresh flowers in the house, trips to the beach with my husband and dog, and hikes (being outdoors in general). :)

    hope all is well!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! I love The Simple Things- it's a great magazine. I love the focus each issue has on a different city too (total city addict!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Will! Congratulation. Well done. :)

    Have a nice friday.

    Greetings
    die Baumhausfee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Will! Love the magazine and love where you're going, big things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant sweetie!! It's a lovely mag-can't wait to see the new issue and all your lovely work. Have a wonderful weekend ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So proud of you Will! Love you! xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Going to stalk Whsmith to try and find this on the weekend - cannot wait to read!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I spotted you in there! Love this magazine - easily one of my favourites now. I can't believe it's only been around for a few months. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow what a great publication! Congratulations! Can't wait to buy my copy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Will! That is awesome! Course I"m not surprised...you are really talented! Hmmm...wish I lived in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Huge congrats my friend! Fantastic pictures today and glad that card looks so good with the rest of your creations!

    Greetings from Calgary!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How wonderful! I get a good feeling about this one. I only have one complaint! Why isn't it available in Luxembourg?!!

    The simple things, you ask. My seven-year old and I just got back from the store where we bought a small Christmas tree in a red bucket to keep outdoors, by the entrance. Now we are sitting here with cheese, grapes and Beaujolais (apple juice for him) and listening to Icelandic Christmas songs. Life is good ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Will congratulations!I wish i live in Rome!And visit London every month!!:)
    HAPPY WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats, Will! You're a perfect fit for the mag! (Can you just ask them to redo their logo on their site so it doesn't have that weird white behind it?)

    ReplyDelete
  27. celebrations :) i love the name :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. that's excellent, i will look out for that

    ReplyDelete
  29. This magazine is just perfect for you! Did they see you coming? :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a score! congratulations... my simple things: my boyfriend's boyish smile, the smell of a damned good latte, some sprigs of eucalyptus to remind me of home & lighting candles in the middle of the afternoon because IT'S ALREADY DARK! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2012/11/announcing-mr-bazaar-simple-things.html";