Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Colour Palette: Multi-Coloured Bedroom

It can be a lot of fun to embrace a rainbow of colours when decorating and the results can be stunning. While the rules that apply to creating a complementary scheme go out the window, it's still important to consider which of your chosen hues you apply to certain parts of the scheme. To create a final look that looks stylish and considered it's best to pick one hue that you will introduce throughout all the elements of the scheme. So, taking this bedroom as an example, we can see how turquoise has been introduced in the artwork, the bedding and on the side table. This gentle consistency brings visual cohesion between all the elements of the room, meaning the look comes together as one, rather than looking like a jumble sale of different colours. Now, could we please discuss how fun that turquoise cage lamp is? I love it!
// Mynd Interiors | via | Styling by Julia Green | Photography by Armelle Habib.

18 comments:

  1. super fun! before I went all neutral to my space, I was all about multi-colors and patterns. Didn't know why they work but somehow they turned out beautifully. Now I know the trick: one color more so than the others!! Thanks Mr. for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog... thanks for sharing with us..

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful setting for room . really cute. Celebrity Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true Will. The turquoise features do bring it all together and make your eye travel around the room from point to point. And yes, the cage lamp is gorgeous!

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the cage lamp just makes me smile - I also like its bright red textile cord!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice and bright, just what is needed to cheer me up on a grey winter day! (I love this tone of yellow!) /maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning, I agree, the turquoise featuring in more than one element does bring the design together, I wouldn't be able to rest in a totally chaotic room, whereas this is thought out and fun. Certainly a cheery room. The cage lamp is funky and that headboard is art work in itself - I think sometimes we don't need too many accessories if we have an elaborate headboard in the centre of a room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lamp is fantastic! It's a nice & happy room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lamp...perfect. Love the bold use of colors!
    Fantastic room~
    :) Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. what great advice! i love color but haven't found a way to use it where it gives me the vibe i am going for so now i am focusing on a black and white palette, but i do love it and will remember this when i inevitably try for color again! that pendant light is devine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this room! It's totally my style. Sometimes I think about changing to more neutral hues but I always come back to the color.

    westhawthorneplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all those colours!!! Perfect to add a little sunshine to the cold winter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love this dedroom!So many colors!!Bright the winder!
    Enjoy your week Will!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love everything single thing about this room!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kinda reminds me of the "Jungalow", you know? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that headboard! This bedroom would make me so happy to wake up every morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such great advice Will. And displayed really well with your choice of image.

    Thanks!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Will, I adore the headboard and the little lamp is fab.
    Happy wednesday :)
    Ax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2012/12/colour-palette-multi-coloured-bedroom.html";