Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Tuesday 13 July 2010

{Home Tour: French Farmhouse}

I didn't believe it possible to love the French Farmhouse look anymore than I already did, but as soon as these images from Karine over at BODIE and FOU landed in my inbox I was swiftly proven wrong! Karine and Steve's family home has already been featured in countless interiors glossies, including Grand Designs and The Telegraph magazine, so I'm excited to share with you what I love about their farmhouse. For me, it's all about the fresh and modern take on the space - no cliches, just pure, relaxed style with one bold hit of colour, which allows for the muted palette that runs throughout the majority of the space. That hit of colour comes in the form of the best shutters I have ever seen; aren't they wonderful...I'm guessing I won't be the only one who is dying over them right now?!  The shutters' bold blue colour emerges in softer, lighter hues in several spaces throughout the rest of the house, which ties the space together with such ease. Even their inspiration wall displays various hues from the blue family. A pure delight.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4

16 comments:

  1. Will..I am drooling...this is such a gorgeous post...and only makes me want to visit France EVEN MORE :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous! it's so peaceful and neat, not looking too organized though, just perfection. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tres chic! And that bedroom wallpaper - wow! Would never expect that in a farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the stuffed cabinet look (white china and silverware) with the photos on the doors. awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could eat all my meals out there on the patio. You're right about those shutters, love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely brilliant. Dying right along side you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Functioning, gorgeous, blue shutters.
    Nick Olsen would be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the glass pendant and all that white ceramic cookware. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is it! My dreamhouse. Love it. I coud move right in.
    emma@themarionhousebook

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been absolutely taken with the whole farmhouse/bungalow/cottage feel this summer, and this little gem is just feeding that obsession! So terribly cute and perfectly appointed. Love the pops of color! I can just see lazy summer afternoons with a Pimms in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a dreamy cottage Will; seriously making me long for a European escape...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Right, that's it decided then...we should all have a blogger meet up there! I'll bring wine and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW! Thank you so much for all your lovely comments...I'm glad you like it :-) It's a great home to spend some time with friends and family (lots of them!)

    i wish you all a wonderful weekend

    Bises
    Karine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2010/07/home-tour-french-farmhouse.html";