Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Saturday 22 October 2011

Happy Weekend: Entryway DIY Project

Welcome to the weekend, friends! What are your plans? I'm hoping to fit in some DIY time with the trusty glue gun, but if I had an entryway big enough in my apartment to take a side table like the above, then I would make it. I think it would be a fun piece to DIY: you could find an old table at home or from the flea market, then ask a carpenter to saw to size. Back at home, after sanding it down and applying a layer of primer, dive on in and paint it with your most colourful hue - the result would make for a really colourful welcome in the hallway. Of course, the super chic Merci bag is optional, but recommended...! Have a good one, folks.

13 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea for a narrow entry way - I love the colour! Have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the orange - so unexpected. This is also a great idea for a kid's desk in a small bedroom. Great way to save space and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea for those skinny English entryways. It's always nice to have a table to set things on when coming or going!!! I'm gonna remember this and apply it when I have my own home. LOVE the bright pop of color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous hall way table, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! A fab bright welcome to any home and super simple too!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE that bright pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love this idea. I have often struggled with any furniture fitting in the hallways in London flats I have lived in, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute idea! and i just love that bright pop of orange! happy D.I.Y.'ing!!! ;) ;)
    xx ~ ks

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Rachel - Hope you had a lovely weekend! xx

    @La Maison Boheme @meemers - So true!

    @two hippos @littletree @lemon @beancakes - Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! This is a genius idea. It's simply a tragedy I was not the first to think of this ;) I'll get over it in about 2 seconds....yep! I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic idea...my sister would love this too (perhaps we could each have a half of one table?) How did you get the table to adhere to the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You might be able to do it with 'L-shaped' brackets fixed on the inside of the 'table' to the wall. If you do it, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome. Gave me a great idea for bedside stands.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-weekend-entryway-diy-project.html";