Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!


Thursday, 3 March 2011

House Beautiful, February 2011

It's probably been a good year or so since I last picked up a copy of House Beautiful, but I was pleasantly surprised by what I found within the February issue. Clean, structured layouts, short, snappy features mixed with in depth articles and great product round ups made for an issue I devoured in one sitting. I wanted to share my personal standout story from the makeover issue: Light & Bright, a refreshing and colourful Cape Cod-style cottage on a canal in Venice, California. I love how designer Alexandra Angle uses both stripes and checks in her patterns in the seating areas, whilst the kitchen features open shelving in Farrow & Ball shades. Outside, a similar relaxed vibe and refreshing style continues with an intimate entertaining space, complete with John Robshaw floor pillows. What do you like about this space?
House Beautiful | Interior design by Alexandra Angle | Photographs by Victoria Pearson


  1. I'm currently carrying this issue around...around as in in always in my purse. :)

  2. v pretty! i love all of the bright white spaces with pops of color. xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

  3. Hey Will! H.B. has been around forever, but they still have it.
    I'd like to have a little cottage, something like this!

  4. I've been looking through this issue too! What I love the most about this feature? The colors! I'm loving the blue and yellow and plan on using it in my bedroom.

    Today I posted about a lamp that I found a thrift store that I saw in one of the spaces featured in this issue!

    I love HB!

  5. Love the post! Every image has such a cozy feel to it! Do you know how can I buy these amazing magazines you post about online? We don't have those here in Brazil!


  6. Blue really is so big RIGHT NOW!!!
    Looks like a nice issue!

  7. ha! i just tore those pages out today to add to my inspiration file. i'm in LOVE with the color of the shelves in the kitchen :)

  8. The small touches of wooden furniture grounds all the whites, blues and yellows. So fresh and clean..

  9. I think they were inspired by your blog and wrote the story - it's similarly bright, fun, and upbeat!
    How adorable are those chairs!

  10. Agree with everyone about the colours - blue is definite having a moment xxx

  11. I actually went all "wow!" with that kitchen! beautiful!

  12. I really love this. I just started following your blog and it is very insightful!

  13. This issue was really wonderful and I'm loving the blue and yellow spring colors so much!

  14. what do I like about the spaces?!? just about everything, but really L.O.V.E. that patio seating area! Thanks for sharing this


Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails