Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Wednesday 1 September 2010

{Livingetc October 2010}

October. Can you believe it? It feels like it was just yesterday I was writing about the summer issues, but in the blink of an eye here we are delving into the autumnal interiors treats that the October issues bring us. First up, it's our old favourite, Livingetc. Carmel Allen, Acting Editor whilst Suzanne Imre is on maternity leave, is doing a cracking job with the magazine. Allen and her team have delivered a cover - if yesterday's comments on the sneak peek are anything to go by - that really is exciting. For me, those black and white stripes are hitting the spot (ironic, huh). Remember that yellow chair from newsetc a few months back? Well, this issue's newsetc (2) is also full of colourful delights. I'm with the Features Editor - the pink Graham & Green cabinet is a great piece, and the striped rug reminds me of the London tube map with it's multicoloured lines. Their first home tour is an example of how to do minimalism well (3) and my magpie-like eye is firmly fixed on the yellow tea caddy (4). One of the standout features of the issue focuses on decorating with wallpaper (5 - 8) - the geometric blue paper is certainly brave and very bold. Next up, another home tour (9), this time it's a light and airy Victorian family home in London. If you're looking for a new and easy centrepiece idea, then using tiles (10) could be just the answer you are after. Get nostalgic with 'power dressing for the home' in the 'Hits of the 80s' feature (11)! The home tour (12) of a 19th century farmhouse near Chatham, upstate New York details the interesting story of how two urbanites moved from a spacious loft in the heart of New York City to the country. More delicious peeks into inspiring homes follow, including the gorgeous kitchen (13) within a small Parisian apartment. As well as an inspiring editorial on creating stylish bathrooms and a buyer's guide to art, there's also an ideas gallery on using glass in the home; isn't their idea of putting coloured film (14) over one pane of glass utterly chic?! Before they leave us until November, we get to read about Diane von Furstenberg's interior life (15). Phew! Sorry for the ramble; this was a jam-packed issue. Be sure to buy a copy if you see one on your travels...there are tear sheets aplenty!

26 comments:

  1. all so lovely! thanks for the peak! love that wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quick :)). Going to purchase my own copy. Need to feel the pages. Looks like a keeper and it features one of my heroines DvF!
    Thanks Will xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. one word: AMAZING! I'm drooling over the cover, the stripes are hypnotizing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to getting my copy. Livingetc, cup of tea and pack of minstrels..bliss!!Nice review Will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok that's it..your posts are making me want to subscribe to this mag... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like another good one! I should see if Sept. is available here yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the preview - am rushing out to get my copy now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sneak peeks Will. You've probably gotten more people to pick up Living Etc with these great posts! Just love it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cover is amazing and I love that Decorating with Wallpaper section. Thanks Will!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wallpaper is really hot now, I don't think that it ever was "out of style" Although, I prefer stenciliing since you can change it easily. I look forward to your mag reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review Will! Can't wait to get my own copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh, Living Etc. Always brings tears of joy to my eyes ;)
    We won't get the October issue, here in Canada, until October. I really need to subscribe to this. LOVE that cover - so not overly "autumnal".
    Hey Will, mind if I have you listed on my blog list along with a few others? Email me!I'm changing things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love that blue couch and the fun wallpaper!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh how time flies! But that means more lovely interiors to get us inspired right? This issue looks amazing as usual. I always look forward to your reviews because this magazine won't show up in Oz for at least another month! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the insightful preview, Will! You know I'm obsessed with wallpaper, so I'm pretty excited about all of the attention it's been getting lately. I also LOE that 80's page, and can't wait to see more...I'm really into tangrams and florescents of late, so I look forward to seeing more....Grazie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will, I'm loving the white kitchen and all those adorable tea canisters, they are adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear God, they are good! Thank you for scanning everything — you're the best! Loving the Hicks-wallpapered hallway especially.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously, I don't know if it's your efficiency at reviewing the features, but i'm thinking this might be one of my favourites. I literally love EVERYTHING! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great issue! One to keep for sure. Perhaps bring it to bed and sleep next to it too..! :)
    Loving the review - captured so well - thank you for your hard work!! x

    The cover is gorgeous! Loving the stripes and all that blue. Cooling contrast to all the divine orange. Vive la difference!
    And how about those kitchens!! All of them had me sighing deeply!

    Happy Thursday to you my friend.

    x C

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for all your comments, gang! This was a delicious issue for sure. If you are overseas, did you know that you can subscribe to the magazine digitally via Zinio.com? Certainly worth considering!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You put great effort into your reviews so big thank you! I think I'm off to Zinio now....:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great images! I absolutely love that green desk - me want!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always get inspired by something in Living etc!

    ReplyDelete
  24. you are so fabulous for sharing all this goodness! have a lovely weekend hunny!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. i have such a love-hate relationship with these posts. i have always loved livingetc, and your posts just make me desperate to get my hands on each issue! but then you have such good taste, i've already seen the best stuff :)

    thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. i had to just head for the bottom. i just bought the sept issue. we are behind here by one month...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2010/09/livingetc-october-2010.html";