Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Wednesday 11 August 2010

{Home Tour: Colour Confident}

At first peek this delightful little home tour from Apartment Therapy might not seem all that colourful. Then, on the second look, you start to see pops of colours - blues, yellows, oranges, greens...they just keep on appearing. And as they do, the space gets all the more appealing. Don't you just love the confidence the owners have taken by painting their bedroom in that chic grey hue (1)? They've lightened the space with an original artwork, the first hit of primary colours in this space. Spotted next are the poppy yellow pillowcases (my fave!) and the feminine red flower prints, which help to soften the masculine colours that dominate the room. The kitchen (2) is just as darling as the bedroom, with warm wooden surfaces, bright serveware and open shelving (another fave). Finally, the living room rounds things off with it's soft sage green walls, nude-coloured throws and accents in lime green and burnt orange. Top marks!

18 comments:

  1. Very cool little abode and cute pops of colour....I think they have done really well combining them all.
    They could even afford another layer of colour if they could be so daring......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and I love the bright green mirror! Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the decor is understated and the home looks lived in. Love the pops of colour. It's funny because my post today was about a pop of colour in a space:-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white kitchen with those colourful bowls. Pops of colour are good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am oddly attracted to those bed linens. I love the mix of colour and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the abstract in the 1st image!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! That hue of gray and the bedding are perfect. I like a neutral palette with pops of color like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that gray with the colorful shams and the dresser. So understated but somehow completely cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute tour, I love those colourful little bowls!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and like the white lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the feel of this place. So homey! I really adore the kitchen! So cute!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's subtle, but fearless! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo...I love that gray wall color in the bedroom and the flowers beside the bed. I'm not crazy about the cover on the couch, though. If it were more tailored looking (and not so loosey-goosey), I'd be on board.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You seriously can't go wrong with gray..instant chic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooooh those colourful bowls in the second pic!! also i like using the word "colourful" and not "colorful." i feel so european and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, gang!

    Molly - you crack me up; keep on rocking that stray 'u', looks like it's working wonders!

    Tommy - the stripes on the covers redeem it slightly for me, but I probs would have kept the Karlstad bare had this been my space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2010/08/home-tour-colour-confident.html";