Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Wednesday 10 February 2010

{A bright white house: style steals}

In the past week or two I've kept returning to belle maison, meaning 'beautiful home' in French. Maybe it's my recent visit to Paris that's made me fall for this blog, but I think it's just because it's author, Julie Thigpen writes brilliantly and posts some beautiful home tours! Like this one, showing a house with an all white interior, with pops of brightly coloured accessories. I've never considered being able to live in an all white interior, but after seeing this, I think I may have to reassess! In fact, I was so inspired by this great home, that I've been on a hunt to 'get the look'. Amazingly, I found that this style can be achieved on a budget, look at what I found in Ikea...

You can get this amazing chandelier from Ikea. It's called the PS Maskros light and costs £85. Check it out here.

Find similar chairs in the Ektorp Tullsta range, £124. Which boasts removable and washable covers. See the different colours and options here.

There are many versions of the Kartell Bourgie table lamp by Ferruccio Laviani. Whilst I think the clear version looks understated and effortlessly stylish here, I might have gotten a little carried away and opted for this gold version.

There has been an explosion of companies stocking glossy, fitted kitchens such as these. Not normally my favourite style (they must be a nightmare to keep clean?!), yet somehow in this house, it works perfectly. Tesco have recently started stocking kitchen's, check out their offerings here, or play it safe with an Ikea kitchen.

Images: belle maison and Otthon Magazine

There is something so refreshing and awakening about this dining area, and to me, it doesn't even feel cold. Plus, how fabulous is that pink candle stick holder?! As always, pick up cheap candles from the Vaghult series at Ikea, but also check out the latest range from Habitat for super stylish and very colourful vases. My favourite is this yellow Balta vase, which I would team with a striking print by Paul Wearing to add personality and colour to the white interior.

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous...oh and gorgeous! We are just redecorating and was thinking grey...having second thoughts now! Been coveting that Ikea light too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love old furniture painted in bright colors - the pink piece on the first picture is amazing!
    I just found out your blog, Will, and it is great! :) Definitely coming back often.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2010/02/bright-white-house-style-steals.html";